The Graduate Students' Union (GSU) Executive Assistants ensure the efficient and smooth operation of the GSU General Office. It is their responsibility to liaise between the GSU Executive, students, Memorial, and outside individuals or groups. Executive Assistants provide information and aid to all individuals concerning GSU policies, resources, and services (such as the health and dental plan) as well as requests for travel assistance. Along with effectively managing the day to day workings of the general office, they also assist with the administrative work of the Health and Dental Plan. Some of the daily tasks and responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include:
- Staffing the General Office during set regular hours (15 paid hours per week).
- Maintaining the General Office phone and phone messages.
- Managing the GSU email account.
- Processing and organizing travel funding forms as well as Health and Dental forms.
- Processing Feild Hall mail.
- Directing any messages and issues through the proper GSU channels.
- Operating as an active ambassador for the GSU.
- Collaborating with and assisting GSU Executives, BOD, and staff on projects and goals.
- Providing assistance and advice to graduate students concerning MUN and the GSU.
- Photocopying and distributing informational materials for the GSU Executive, BOD, and staff.
- Disseminating information to the graduate students.
To apply, please submit your cover letter (outlining why you are interested in the position and any relevant experience/qualifications) and resume to one of the following addresses:
Mail or drop off:
Attn: John Blackmore
Graduate Students' Union
GH-2007, Feild Hall
216 Prince Philip Drive
St. John's, NL, A1B 3R5
Closing Date: Friday April 19th 12:00pm
Hours: 15 hours per week
Wage: $22.22 per hour (graduate student rate)
Applications without a cover letter and or resume will not be considered.
Anticipated Start Date: May 1st, 2019
*Only full time graduate students are eligible.