Feild Hall: On-Campus Living
The Graduate Students' Union operates student housing on the third and fourth floors of Feild Hall. It is the only residence on campus designated exclusively for graduate students.
Each residence floor contains 15 single, fully furnished rooms and the GSU endeavors to ensure that rent remains affordable. Residents share the kitchen, bathrooms washrooms, dining, and common TV rooms on each floor. Feild Hall provides an excellent combination of active social interactions while maintaining personal privacy. Laundry facilities are available in the basement of the building, and there is a computer lab on the second floor. Feild Hall is a non-smoking residence.
Rent in Feild Hall is $400 per month with utilities included.
Please fill out one of our application forms below. You can download a PDF or Word version to fax or mail to us. Application forms are also available from the GSU office, GH-2007 in Feild Hall, or by calling the GSU at (709) 864-4395.
Feild Hall Residence Application Form (Word Document)
Please note that while this form can be faxed, emailed, or mailed to the Residence Coordinator, you will also need to submit the $10 application fee in order to place your name on the waiting list.
Please read the following before contacting / sending an inquiry to the Feild Hall Residence Coordinator's office:
1) Payment of 10$ application fee:
You can send the application fee by cash or cheque (cashable in Canada) payable to "Graduate Student Union" through mail. Currently, we don't have a setup available to collect the application fees online, therefore the only way to send the application fees is through mail or if you know somebody here they can pay on your behalf.
We encourage all the applicants to check the below section of the page once in a while to make themselves aware of any updates relevant to their application.
21 June 2013
1) All the applications received before 21st June 2012 have now been closed. If you have applied before 21st June 2012 and you are still interested, please re-apply .
2) Please note that applications now have a expiry date of one year from date they have been received. Please re-apply again after the expiry date of your submitted application, if you are still interested.
For further information, please contact:
c/o Carson Butts, GSU General Manager
residence (at) gsumun (dot) ca
Tel: (709) 864-4383
Please allow at least 3-5 business days for us to respond to your inquiry.
Other useful housing/classifieds websites
- MUN Housing Services: http://www.housing.mun.ca
- The Off-Campus Housing Office: http://www.housing.mun.ca/och
- Housing information from MUN's International Students' Advising Centre: http://www.mun.ca/isa/housing/
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Residential Tenancies Division: http://www.gs.gov.nl.ca/cca/tp/residential-tenancies/
- The Muse (MUN; see classifieds section): http://www.themuse.ca/
- The Gazette (MUN; see classifieds section): http://www.mun.ca/marcomm/gazette/
- The Telegram (local; see classifieds section): http://www.thetelegram.com/
- The Scope (local; see classifieds section): http://thescope.ca/classifieds/
- Craigslist Newfoundland and Labrador: http://newfoundland.craigslist.org/
- Kijiji St. John's: http://stjohns.kijiji.ca/
- CFS' national housing search site: http://homes4students.ca